Drastic weight loss or natural ageing can cause sagging skin in different parts of your body, including your arms. If you want to have more toned and defined upper arms, an arm lift might be the right procedure for you.
Below, we are giving you an overview of what an arm lift is, who it is for, how much it costs, and what you can expect after the procedure.
What is an arm lift?
An arm lift, also known as brachioplasty, is a type of plastic surgery. This surgical procedure involves removing excess fat and skin in your upper arms to provide a more toned look.
Before the procedure, it is important that you inform your doctor about any medications you take or conditions you might have. You will be requested to take a few tests to make sure you’re in good physical conditions to undergo surgery.
During the consultation, you will discuss with your doctor what expectations you have and you will decide together on what contour and shape you want to achieve.
As for the procedure itself, here’s how an arm lift works step by step:
- You will be administered a local anaesthetic in your arms to numb the area that needs to be treated. You won’t be able to eat or drink anything at least 6 hours prior to the procedure.
- The surgeon makes a few 3-4 mm incisions around your arms. These will be the access points to remove the excess fat.
- The surgeon will insert a cannula and a head through the incisions in the fatty tissue. As the surgeon moves the cannula, the fatty tissue is separated from non-fatty tissue via infrasound. Excess fat is removed via liposuction and loose skin is cut to reach the desired contour. At the same time, vessels, nerves and other surrounding elements are left untouched. The average duration of the procedure with anaesthesia is 2 hours for both arms.
- Incisions are closed with stitches and any wounds are sealed and dressed. The doctor may insert a drainage tube for a short period of time to drain any excess fluid. You will stay at our clinic from 8 to 24 hours after surgery.
Please remember that it is very important to stop smoking and drinking alcohol before surgery as they might compromise or slow down your healing and recovery.
Is arm lift right for you?
An arm lift procedure is typically recommended for individuals who want to improve the appearance of their upper arms following massive weight loss (e.g. as a consequence of weight-loss surgery) or due to the natural process of ageing, which causes the skin to sag.
In order to assess whether you are eligible for an arm lift, make sure to inform the doctor during the consultation of any medical conditions, comorbidity, or health problems you currently have.
People suffering from cancer, blood coagulation disorder, cardiological diseases, diabetes and varicose veins may not be eligible for an arm lift procedure. Each individual is different and requires specific care and assessment, so please get in touch with us anytime for a first consultation!
How much does an arm lift cost?
An arm lift procedure with liposuction for both arms starts at €3300 at KCM Clinic. This is a package offer. Here’s what’s included in the price:
- Arm lift procedure performed by one of our plastic surgery specialists
- Comprehensive diagnostics and all pre-op consultations
- Hospitalisation in a comfortable single room with Wi-Fi and Netflix
- Specialist post-op dressings or compression garments
- Personal Coordinator at the clinic and post-op treatment plan
- Access to our support group – KCM Clinic Plastic Surgery Poland
Accommodation at a nearby hotel and pick-up to/from Wroclaw airport or train station are available at an extra charge.
For a more detailed overview of our plastic surgery prices have a look here.
What should you expect after an arm lift?
Patients usually stay at our clinic for up to 24 hours after surgery. As with any surgical procedure, there are risks and side effects that may occur, although they happen very rarely. These include: infection, bruises, visible scarring, or change in the skin sensation.
We recommend patients to avoid exercising or lifting heavy weights for the first few weeks to give their body time to recover and heal. In order to ensure a smooth recovery and healing it is also important that patients avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for as long as possible.
After surgery, you will be covered in bandages and dressings and you might need to use compression garments to ease your recovery. Our specialists will give you clear instructions on all the do’s and don’ts for your post-op time. Also during your recovery period, we are available to answer any questions you might have.
Results of arm lift procedures are typically visible right after the surgery has ended, although you might notice some swelling in the treated area. This should subside in the next few days. You will immediately notice the refined contour and shape of your upper arms. We’ve had many patients boasting impressive results!
If you’re looking for additional procedures that can help you achieve a more toned look, many patients who have lost large amounts of weight and have sagging skin as a result choose to undergo a body lift or a back lift. For more information, get in touch with us anytime via the form below.
Visits, hospital procedures
Bariatric Surgery Center
Plastic Surgery Center
Spine Surgery Center
OMEGA Imaging Diagnostic Center
KCM Clinic Wrocław
Chat KCM Clinic
KCM Clinic Jelenia Góra
KCM Clinic Wrocław