Weight fluctuations or natural ageing can cause flabby arms, sagging skin or excess fat. Arm lift, or brachioplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that aims to reshape the under portion of your upper arm from the underarm region until your elbow.
Exercise can improve muscle tone but it can’t tighten loose skin. An arm lift procedure can help you improve the appearance of your arms by tightening sagging skin and the supportive tissue. As a result, you will have more sculpted, toned arms that can hardly be achieved with exercise and diet alone. After arm lift surgery, regular exercise is a healthy habit that will help you maintain the results obtained in the long run.
How does arm lift surgery work?
Arm lift is a surgical procedure that lasts on average 2 hours for both arms. It entails the following steps:
- Anaesthesia: The doctor will numb your upper arms with a local anaesthetic. General anaesthesia might also be used. This will be decided on an individual basis.
- Start of the surgery: The surgeon makes a few 3-4 mm incisions around your arms to later access and remove any excess fat.
- Arm lift and/or liposuction: The surgeon will insert a cannula and a head through the incisions previously made. The fatty tissue is separated from non-fatty tissue via infrasound. Then, any excess fat is removed via liposuction and any loose skin is trimmed to reach the desired result.
- End of the surgery: The surgeon will close the incisions with stitches and apply bandages. A drainage tube may be inserted for a short period of time to drain any excess fluid. You will stay at our clinic from 8 to 24 hours after surgery.
What is the recovery time after an arm lift?
While generally speaking the entire recovery process takes around 2 to 3 weeks, there is no universal timeline for recovery from arm lift surgery. Each individual heals at their own rate, based on different factors.
Patients usually stay at our clinic for up to 24 hours after surgery. You will be covered in bandages and dressings and you might need to use compression garments.
You should avoid exercising or lifting heavy weights for the first few weeks to give your body time to recover and heal. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol before and after surgery: it will help you heal faster.
When will I see the results of an arm lift?
You will be able to see the results of your arm lift right after surgery. There might be some swelling and bruising in the area but they will fade after a few days. Many patients are delighted with their results and are impressed with how their upper arms show a firmer, toned look!
Is arm lift right for you?
Arm lift surgery can help individuals who have lost a great amount of weight (e.g. as a consequence of weight-loss surgery) and want to improve tone and definition in their upper arms. The natural course of ageing also causes skin to sag, so patients who want to address that can also find arm lift surgery useful.
We will assess whether an arm lift surgery is right for you from a medical perspective by checking your medical history and your current overall health. Please don’t forget to inform us about any medications you’re currently taking or if you have any health conditions.
People suffering from cancer, blood coagulation disorder, cardiological diseases, diabetes and varicose veins may not be eligible for an arm lift procedure. This is just an overview – we will assess each case individually. Get in touch with us any time and we’ll be in touch in no time!
How much does arm lift surgery cost?
Package offers at KCM Clinic for an arm lift procedure with liposuction for both arms start at €3150. Here’s what’s included:
- Arm lift procedure performed by one of our plastic surgery specialists
- Comprehensive diagnostics and all pre-op consultations
- Hospitalisation in a comfortable single room with Wi-Fi and Netflix
- Specialist post-op dressings or compression garments
- Personal Coordinator at the clinic and post-op treatment plan
- Access to our support group – KCM Clinic Plastic Surgery Poland
We are also happy to book a nearby accommodation and pick you up from Wroclaw airport or train station at an extra charge.
You can check our prices for cosmetic procedures here.
How long does an arm lift last?
An arm lift ensures semi-permanent, long-lasting results that you can maintain long term by following a healthy diet and regular exercise.
An arm lift corrects your arms as they currently are and cannot prevent future skin sagging following ageing or weight gain. It is natural to lose firmness in your arms as years go by but maintaining a healthy lifestyle will help you keep up those great results in the long run.
Is arm lift surgery painful?
An arm lift surgery is performed under local or general anaesthesia, and in both cases, you won’t feel any pain. During your recovery, you might have some discomfort. This is normal and will subside in a few days.
Is there an age limit for an arm lift procedure?
No, there isn’t! As long as you are healthy and fit enough to undergo surgery, you might be a good candidate for arm lift surgery. Contact us if you want to have more information!
Are there any side effects from arm lift surgery?
Arm lift is a surgical procedure and risks and side effects may occur, just like any other surgical procedure. Although they happen very rarely, they include infection, bruises, visible scarring, or change in the skin sensation.